Registration from 16 August to 27 August 2021
Admission of international students to programmes in English
Go to the Polish website to apply for programmes in Polish
Step 1: Register online by 27 August 2021
1. Create your account in the online registration system (IRK)
You will receive all messages related to the admission process into your IRK account. You should also use it to communicate with us and ask any questions you may have regarding the admission process.
2. Upload the required documents:
– diploma of higher education (at least Bachelor's level - check your qualification) with diploma supplement/transcript of records – one pdf file, max 3 MB
– English certificate, at least B2 level (check the list of acceptable documents)
– passport or ID (max. 3 MB)
– passport photo (max. 3 MB)
3. Pay the PLN 150 application fee (into the individual bank account specified in your IRK account)
Selected candidates will be invited to online admission interviews.
Step 2: Upload your portfolio by 31 August 2021
After you have registered and paid the application fee by 31 August, you will receive access to an online folder where you should upload your portfolio (one pdf file, max 3 MB - check the portfolio information).
The upload will be possible from 23 August to 31 August 3 pm CET.
Important: the individual link you will receive is for your use only. Do not disclose it to anyone.
To upload your portfolio you must have a Google account. If you already have one, you can use it,
or you can use the temporary Google account in the AFA domain that will be available for you during the admission process.
Login: your email@example.com
Password: your PESEL
*If you do not have a PESEL number, use your date of birth in the format: DDMMYYYY (D-day, M-month, Y-year).
After you open the link you received through your IRK account, you can log into your temporary Google account using the credentials above.
Step 3: First selection of candidates by 6 September 2021
Document check and portfolio assessment, selected applicants invited to an interview (check your status in the online registration system).
The dates and times of the interviews will be available from 12:00.
Step 4: Online interviews 7 September 2021
Make sure you have a stable Internet connection, and your camera and microphone are working properly. Prepare your ID.
During the interview you will be asked to share your screen to show your presentation.
Join the ‘waiting room’ videoconference 30 minutes before your scheduled interview; you will have a chance to test your connection and solve any technical issues before your interview starts.
Check the interview requirements for your chosen programme.
Admission results announced 8 September 2021, 15:00
Check your status in the online registration system.
Pay the tuition fee by 21 September 2021
Submit the „Declaration to undertake studies“ (download from your account in the registration system)
Pay the tuition fee for the semester in the amount of PLN 11,500.00 into the individual bank account specified in your registration account.
Enrolment 8-21 September 2021
After you are admitted, on your arrival in Katowice you will need to present the following original documents (uploaded previously):
1. declaration to undertake studies
2. your higher education diploma; the diploma must be translated into Polish or English and legalized or apostilled (except for documents issued in the EU, EEA, OECD countries);
3. authorization to submit the documents - if your documents are submitted by someone else
4. your English certificate
Medical certificate by 1 October 2021
Before the classes begin, you must submit a doctor's certificate that your health does not prevent you from studying at the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice.
The medical check must be done in a specific clinic in Katowice; please collect your referral to the doctor from the Faculty of Design office as soon as you arrive.