Mine, Chemin des mines Pologne-Belgique – invitation from the Université du Travail in Charleroi, Wallonia
The exhibition shows the photographs of Nathalie Hannecart and Olivier van Rossum (Belgium), etchings of Weronika Siupka (Poland) and sound portraits of Mathilde Lacroix (France).
The show is accompanied by artistic and educational events at the Université du Travail in Charleroi:
- Wednesday 9 January, 14:30-17:30; etching workshop conducted by Weronika Siupka from the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice,
- Wednesday 9 January, 18:00; lecture “Etching tradition in Silesia” by by Weronika Siupka from the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice,
- Sunday 13 January, 18:00; screening of Ida, film directed by Paweł Pawlikowski, at the Pathé cinema in Charleroi (film set design by Katarzyna Sobańska-Strzałkowska and Marceli Sławiński),
- Thursday 17 January, 18:00-19:30; lecture “Poles in Belgian mines in the interwar period” by Anne Morelli from the Free University in Brussels,
- Saturday 2 February, 10:00-12:00; pinhole photography workshops conducted by Nathalie Hannecart and Olivier van Rossum (participation subject to reservation).